Complete 2-Day Dollmaking Workshop
For Beginning to Intermediate Dollmakers
Realistic Cloth Dolls
Mimi’s Basic Dollmaking tutorial uses a very easy pattern for a four to five-year old child. The doll is about 10-inches (25-cm), and can be a boy or a girl or neither (and have wings or a fish tail). It uses Mimi’s easy, modular technique for full posing.
- This doll is so simple that a first-time dollmaker can make it easily and successfully in just a few hours.
- The Basic Dollmaking doll is the perfect canvas to showcase your needlework by decorating wings, or fins, or clothes, or paint, or embroidery, or beading, or your own favorite expression.
- There are only six basic pattern pieces, plus a few optional choices such as pointed toes, pointed ears, and flukes and wings.
- The well-shaped head has a choice of human or “pointy” attached ears, and does not need a face when the doll is made for the display of your needlework.
- For the more adventurous, there is a fully needle-modeled face. It’s easier than you think with my new directions. There is an easier way to stitch the eyes and make that cute mouth.
Use this body design to create the doll of your dreams, a child, a faery, an elf or a mer-kid to display your favorite form of needle-art on the wings or flukes.
How it Works:
- 34 video demonstrations.
- Go at your own pace. (It’s all accessible immediately. No week-by-week handouts.)
- You don’t have to worry about the class ending before you can participate in the discussion group. The Screaming Mimis is a permanent discussion group.
- You don’t have to wait for a new class to begin. Start when you’re ready.
- Everybody on The Screaming Mimi’s is working on Mimi patterns (or their own projects based on what they have learned) and can help you.
- Jim and I read the discussions every day and help out whenever we are needed. We also schedule live chats with Mimi.
- The tutorial gets updated as we shoot new video or find easier ways to explain things. If you come back and do it again after a few months, you may find a lot of new things. Just check the “What’s New” chapter in the “Introduction” lesson for a dated list of changes.
What You Will Learn:
- How to photograph your dolls
- How to make and use templates
- What to look for in stuffing materials
- How to work with knits
- How to determine fabric stretch
- How to clean hand sewing needles
- How to set up your sewing machine for dollmaking
- How to take care of air soluble markers
- What kind of thread to use for dollmaking
- How to clip seams
- How to ladder stitch
- How to select hemostats
- How to make and use a stuffing tool
- How to stuff a doll smoothly
- How to make wired hands
- How to turn fingers
- How to wire ears
- How to pin doll parts together with a smooth fit
- How to attach wings to a faery and flukes to a mer-kid
- How to locate features on a face
- How to be sure your eyes are on the same plane and the same size
- How to needle-model a nose
- How to needle-model lips
- How to make dimensional eyes
- How to color the face
- How to make needle lace
- How to make thread paintings
Mimi’s Basic Dollmaking Online Tutorial
10 Lessons, nearly 100 Chapters
Click Here to Buy Now!
(Opens new tab)
You will receive an email in 1-3 business days telling you how to log on, and providing your UserID and Serial#.